District Mission Statement
District and school-based Title I Parent Involvement Programs in Polk County will strive to build relationships to create real family engagement for every child, every family, every teacher, every day.
Title I Overview
Components of Title I are:
Studies show that the more parents are involved in the education of their child, the more academically successful that child will be. The goal of the Title I Parent Involvement program is to give school-based Parent Involvement Facilitators information, materials and resources to enable them to provide for their parents at the school-level. It is the job of the Facilitator to give parents the tools and resources necessary for them to help their child at home. Everyone working together in this way gives the child the best possible support for doing well in school.
Useful Links & Resources
The District Title One office has now developed the Parent Involvement webpage on the PCSB website. Please go to the web address to find helpful resources for parents!
- District Title I Main Page
- District Title I Parent and Family Engagement Plan – a plan that helps parents have more information about parent involvement on the district level.
- School Parent and Family Engagement Plan – a detailed plan that helps parents understand and take part in what the school is doing.
- 18-19 Parent and Family Engagement Plan DRAFT Final (English) – a summary of the School Parent Involvement Plan—shorter version of the more detailed plan.
- Spanish Roosevelt Academy Compact 18-19
- School-Parent Compact (English & Spanish) – a plan developed jointly with school staff and parents that explains what teachers, other school staff, and parents need to do to help children meet state education standards.
- Parent Information Resource Center
- Right to Know Letter English
- RTK – 2018-2019 Spanish version
- District Home Page
- 18-19 Websites and PEN verification Form ad 3-13