Education is important. In order for Roosevelt to help students achieve there must be support from parents and students must want to learn.
- Students should be in school everyday and be on time. Students who have excessive absences and/or tardies can be withdrawn. A note must be sent to the school upon return for all absences.
- If teachers assign homework it is an important part of the class and must be completed.
- Parents should participate in decisions relating to child’s education, i.e. IEP meeting.
- Students should take all notices/forms home to parents. Parents should read all notices from the school and/or school district and respond, as appropriate.
- Parents are invited to become an active volunteer.
- Dress code is mandatory.
- Students are required to wear a uniform shirt.
- Shirts must be tucked in and a belt must be worn if there are belt loops.
- Girls’ shorts and skirts must be at least fingertip length.
- Flip flops and bedroom slippers are not allowed.
- Oversized jewelry should not be worn to school.
- Because of the vocational setting, body piercings on the face are not safe or acceptable.
- Students should not come to school with hair dyed unnatural colors.
- Hats are not allowed.
- Any item that does not enhance the learning environment and disrupts learning will be confiscated.
- 1st Offense – Item will be locked up and parent must come to school to pick it up.
- 2nd Offense – Item will be locked up at school until the end of the semester. If it is not a dangerous item (knife, etc.) it will be returned to the student at that time otherwise a parent must come.
- 3rd Offense – Item will not be returned but donated to the Lake Wales Care Center. This pertains to cell phones, electronics, hats, and any other thing that distracts from the learning environment.